It is best for aromatherapy uses and home remedies. The oil can be used to treat dandruff, acne, burns, wound, infections, ringworm, athlete's foot, toenail, lice, flaking skin, psoriasis, eczema fungal and bacterial infections.
Due to the recognition of tea tree's multitudinal uses, popularity of this prized oil has grown immensely. Some of the benefits offered by tea tree oil include the following.
Tea tree for infections and inflammation
- Tea tree oil has long been used as traditional medicine by native Australians, the Aborigines. The tree leaves were crushed, and the oil was extracted to treat cough and cold. The crushed leaves were directly applied to the skin for healing.
- Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties; hence, an effective wound healer. A study has shown that the oil is useful in treating wounds caused by bacteria when used in addition to conventional treatment.
- Using tea tree oil mixed with coconut oil helps to prevent infection caused by small cuts and abrasions. It acts as a disinfectant and helps kill S. aureus and other bacteria.
Benefit for the skin and hair
- Tea tree oil is extremely helpful in reducing the severity of acne.
- Skin inflammation and skin irritation can be treated by applying tea tree oil to the area as a neat application or combined with a carrier oil for sensitive skin.
- Tea tree oil also provides relief from bug bites and reactions caused by the bite, such as swelling, itching, and redness.
- Dandruff can be improved by using tea tree oil and can reduce itchiness, and greasiness of the scalp.
- The antibacterial properties make the tea tree oil a great natural deodorizer as it helps to control odor related to perspiration.
Tea tree for the household
- Tea tree oil has antifungal properties that reduce the growth of fungus in fruits and vegetables.
- The essential oil is a natural hand sanitizer as it is known to kill several bacteria, including S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, and E. coli.
- Tea tree oil can also be used as an insect and pest repellent.
OotyMade.com brings to you the finest Essential Oils from the plantations of Ooty. Get 100% Authentic,Organic,Pure Essential Oils direct from our Factory out let at Ooty, The Nilgiris. Our range of Listed Essential oils are Gaultheria Oil, Eucalyptus Oil,Citriodora Oil, Citronella Oil,Olive Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Rose Oil, Rosemary Oil, Sandal Oil, Peppermint Oil, Jasmine Oil, Clove Oil, Lavender Oil, Cypress Oil, Camphor Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Jojoba Oil