How to Make Cardamom Tea...? ......Uses of Cardamom Tea
How to Make Cardamom Tea...?
Cardamom tea is an herbal tea made from infusing the seeds or cardamom pods in hot water. The tea often features notes of apple and is consumed alongside sweet dishes. It is one of the most commonly consumed teas in Middle Eastern states and is a staple of Indian cooking.
The tea is safe to consume and offers very few side effects. People with allergic reactions to any of the cardamom plants should avoid drinking this tea. Cardamom tea can be brewed as a hot tea or allowed to cool and enjoyed as an iced tea.
Basic Indian Cardamom Tea Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 4 cardamom pods
- Sweetener (OPTIONAL)
1. Bring water to a boil in a tea kettle or in a small saucepan on the stove.
2. Add in the cardamom pods and turn the heat down to low.
3. Let the tea steep for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Sweeten using brown sugar or agave. Enjoy!
Masala Chai Recipe (With Cardamom)
- A dash of black pepper
- 8 cardamom pods or cardamom seeds
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 2 teaspoons loose leaf black tea or 4 black tea bags (Darjeeling or Assam tea)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
1. Grind the spices into a fine powder using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder. If you don't have these tools, you can put the spics in a large bag and use a wooden mallet or a large spoon to smash the ingredients into a powder. Alternatively, you can simply use ground cardamom powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves.
2. Bring water and milk to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Add in the black pepper, cardamom, fresh ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Once the water reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit, add in the black tea leaves.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place a lid on the pan and steep the mixture for 10 minutes.
4. Use a fine mesh strainer to remove the loose tea leaves and any larger chunks of the herbs and spices.
5. Sweeten using brown sugar or maple syrup. You can also add sugar and other sweeteners, but these two options blend best with the spicy flavor profile. Enjoy your cup of tea!
Uses of Cardamom Tea
The cardamom spice has been used since ancient times as an herbal remedy. Its purported health benefits include combating bad breath and soothing irritable bowel syndrome
Drinking cardamom tea may help maintain a healthy weight and improve weight loss results. Some studies show that cardamom powder supplementation helps to prevent fat deposits when consuming a high-fat diet.
Cardamom tea can also help improve the look and health of tea thanks to its antibacterial properties. Cardamom neutralizes bacteria that cause bad breath and prevents the buildup of plaque and development of caries
Cardamom tea also contains dietary fiber and vitamins and minerals that can boost the immune system. It boasts anti-inflammatory properties that may help lower blood pressure and decrease inflammation that can cause a sore throat.
Exclusive Online Store for Nilgiris based on Products
WhatsApp @ 9489614171
List of products to market:
Ooty Homemade Chocolates
Ooty Tea and Coffee
Ooty Varkey and Cookies
Nilgiris Essential oils
Dried Fruits and Nuts
Nilgiris Fresh Vegetables
Other Nilgiris Handmade Products
Please note that the above mentioned list of products is not exhaustive