How Much Green Tea Should I Drink?
How Much Green Tea Should I Drink?
Green Tea happens to be one of the most popular health beverages in today’s times. If you love yourself some good tea and want to enjoy its health benefits, then switch over to the green brew and see yourself transform. Having said that, we insist, that this tea is no overnight miracle, but a miracle worker instead. To see the magic unfold you have to consistently have this brew on the daily to be able to notice a slight difference in a few months. If you practice patience and couple this beverage with a good lifestyle, ample sleep, and healthy eating habits, you will be able to notice a drastic difference.
Most people who have Green Tea on the daily have excellent skin, great hair, and a balanced body weight. They also flaunt a strong immune system, as the antioxidant present in green tea helps in warding off various diseases. However, the question remains, how much green tea is too much green tea? The fact of the matter is that green tea, like every other thing in the world should be consumed in moderation, an excess of anything is bad for human health and this brew is no different.
Many studies have come to the conclusion that around 3 cups of Green Tea a day, is the ideal amount. Anything exceeding this can cause a bit of a disruption in your system. The University of Maryland conducted a research wherein they concluded that 240 to 320 milligrams of polyphenols a day is the perfect mount. This too accounts for about 2 to 3 cups of green tea in a day.
An Excessive Amount of Green Tea in a Day Can Cause:
- A headache
- Irregular heartbeat
Benefits of Green Tea
- Having more than 5 cups of Green Tea in a day can cause the aforementioned problems, so it is best to stick to 2 to 3 cups of this brew on the daily. Loaded with nutrients, vitamins and trace minerals, green tea contains polyphenols, catechins, and flavonoids, as well, which help in strengthening the immunity.
- It helps in protecting against breast and prostate cancer and reduces your chances of developing type 2 Diabetes.
- Green tea is often related to weight loss. The brew has the ability to boost metabolism in the body, whilst, accelerating the natural fat burning process within the body, which is known as lipolysis.
- It contains caffeine, which can really help you to push harder during a workout. If you have a cup of green tea around 15 minutes prior to workout, you will feel a lot more energetic when you hit the gym.
- A few studies have suggested that green tea alone can help in burning an additional 75 to 100 calories per day.
Green Tea Weight Loss
If you are consuming this brew for weight loss purposes, then it will better if you have it without any sugar or sugar supplements, to make sure that the tea remains to be a zero calorie beverage. This will make sure that the green tea contributes to a significant amount of weight loss over a long period of time. Apart from that, this brew is known for strengthening the heart by reducing cholesterol levels. It aids in removing the plaque from the arteries of the heart, helping it to pump blood faster. This, in turn, normalizes blood pressure levels and allows the heart to function much better.
Green Tea is widely available in the market, but not all of them are of the best quality. You can only achieve the aforementioned health benefits of green tea by purchasing the brew from a reputable and trusted tea seller like Teafloor. Try and avoid buying tea bags as the brew may be adulterated and instead opt for loose leaf tea.
Exclusive Online Store for Nilgiris based on Products
WhatsApp @ 9489614171
List of products to market:
Dried Fruits and Nuts
Nilgiris Fresh Vegetables
Other Nilgiris Handmade Products
Please note that the above mentioned list of products is not exhaustive